Street Corn Tacos
This recipe is also a great gluten free and dairy free option (use gluten free ingredients like gluten free tortillas and mayonnaise and exclude the feta cheese).
– 3 TBSP coconut oil
– 1 TBSP Tuscan Herb Collingwood Olive Oil
– 4 ears corn, shucked and kernels removed
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 TBSP mayo (home made if possible, avocado or olive oil mayo are ok too)
– 2-4 TBSP feta cheese (optional)
– 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
– 1 whole green chili pepper or jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (use gloves!)
– 4 TBSP lime juice (2-4 limes)
– 1/2 TSP chili powder
– Salt to taste
– 2 lbs organic chicken breasts or thighs (can substitute with extra firm tofu), sliced
– 2 TBSP taco seasoning (home made if possible)
– 1/2 cup chopped shallots (optional)
– 1/ 2 cup chopped bell peppers
– Organic mixed salad greens and arugula
– Corn tortillas (or almond/cassava flour tortillas if Paleo/Whole30)
- Heat 2 TBSP coconut oil in large skillet until shimmering.
- Add in corn kernels and let them char. Then toss and stir until other side is also charred. Remove from skillet into a large bowl, and clean skillet.
- Add mayonnaise, garlic, chilli pepper or jalapeno, cheese, 2 TBSP lime juice, cilantro (saving some for garnish) and chilli powder to the corn. Mix and let sit.
- In the same skillet, add 1 TBSP coconut oil. Add in sliced chicken or tofu, taco seasoning, and stir and sautee until cooked.
- Use a separate skillet or microwave to warm tortillas.
- Add street corn to tortilla and top with chicken or tofu, cilantro, and chopped shallots.
- Serve immediately.
- For salad: add mixed greens and/or arugula to large bowl. Top with street corn, chicken or tofu, cilantro, chopped shallots and bell peppers.
- Mix 2 TBSP lime juice with 1 TBSP olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over salad mix and toss.