This recipe is Keto, paleo, and Whole30 friendly. This recipe is also a great gluten free and dairy free option (exclude the goat cheese).
– 3 eggs
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– 1/8 tsp garlic salt
– 2 handfuls of mixed greens (spinach, arugula, baby kale, etc.)
– 1/4 yellow onion, sliced
– 2-3 Cremini mushrooms, sliced
– 4-5 cherry tomatoes, halved
– sprig of mint leaves
– 2-3 fresh basil leaves
– handful fresh strawberries, sliced
– 1 thinly sliced radish
– 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
– olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette
– 1 tsp local honey
– 1 tbsp crumbled goat cheese (optional)
– 1 slice gluten free bread (optional)
- Preheat a medium sized skillet on medium heat, and add half of the coconut oil to the pan. Allow it to melt.
- Saute the sliced onions until soft.
- Add in mushrooms and allow them to cook down for a couple of minutes.
- Add in 1 handful of mixed greens and allow them to wilt. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove cooked vegetables from pan and reduce heat to low.
- Scramble the eggs in a bowl with 1 tbsp of water, garlic salt, and a pinch of black pepper.
- Melt the other half of the coconut oil in the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan, cover with a lid, and allow it to sit until cooked (or until the top of the eggs mixture is only slightly soft).
- Spoon the cooked vegetable mixture on to one side of the eggs in the pan.
- Carefully fold over the other side of the omelette over top of the vegetable mixture, and plate the omelette.
- Turn the pan up to high heat and quickly cook/char the cherry tomatoes in the pan for 30-60 seconds.
- Garnish off the omelette with charred cherry tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese (optional), and a chiffonade of fresh basil.
- In a bowl, add in the other handful of mixed greens with the olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette, and sunflower seeds. Toss together and plate alongside the omelette.
- Add the sliced strawberries, radish, and mint leaves next to the greens on your plate, and top them with a drizzle of honey.