Your Healthiest Self
Welcome to Week 1
Congratulations! You’ve made the best decision to improve your health and the health of your family by signing up for our 8 week program.
In this week’s lessons, we’ll learn all about:
- How to properly set up your workplace if you work from home, and build a safe foundation before starting any physical activity
- What stress is and how it impacts the body
- What the composition of every single meal you eat should look like
Make sure you check out the end of the page for this week’s homework that you can complete and email back to us for feedback.
How to setup your work station
Here is a demonstration of how you can setup your at home workplace to be ergonomic, and reduce your chances of repetitive strain injury, neck strain, back pain, and more.
How stress manifests in the body
In this lesson, Dr. Liz, ND will explain how stress manifests in the body, and why it’s so important to practice regular stress management strategies.
Meal composition is one of the most overlooked aspects of nutrition. In order to have a balanced meal, full of all the nutrients you need, there needs to be multiple components to each meal.
Treat your snacks as a “mini-meal” of sorts and include smaller portions of the components discussed below in each snack as well.
Every meal and snack should have the following components with their respective portions:
- Protein (either plant or animal based) – 1-2 palm sized servings
- Complex carbohydrate – 1-2 fist sized servings
- Healthy fat – 1-2 thumb sized servings (or 1-2 tbsp.)
- Low starch vegetables – 1-2 cupped handfuls (or 1-2 cups)
This week’s homework includes a printable handout that demonstrates how to make sure each of your meals and snacks consist of these components in their respective portions.
This week’s homework includes:
- Ergonomic setup checklist
- A 10 minute body scan
- An infographic guide to create the perfect meals and snacks courtesy of Precision Nutrition.
Click each link to download the file and save it to your computer. For feedback, please email your completed homework to email@example.com.
That’s it for week 1, stay tuned for week 2!
And don’t forget to join us on our weekly Live Q and A every Tuesday at 4pm EST.
Click on this link to join: Weekly Live Q and A
Enjoyed week 1? Spread the word!
Thanks for joining and see you next week!